A list of resources relevant to fundraising, budgeting, operations, and fundraising. This list was assembled by the Operations + Technology team but also fits into Funding - as funding impacts project operations and technology choices.
- How to find grants for your non-profit organization - Pratt Library
- Engaging Philanthropy for University Research - EU Commission (2008)
- Diversify your Fundraising Strategy - Ensure that grants are only a portion of operating cost coverage
- Implement year-round p2p fundraising
- How to select a grant-writer
- Handling grant rejection
- See also the posts in the Funding section of this handbook!
- Budgeting for Non-profits
- What is an operating budget?
- Components of an organizational annual operating budget
- How to calculate and operating budget
- Writing a successful grant proposal budget - Tisch School NYU
- How to budget your grant proposal (for science research/scholarship) - AAAS
How to manage a budget
- 10 Tips for Budget Management - Funds for NGOs
- Managing an awards budget - Understanding academic institutions and “shortfalls” - University of Washington
- 4 Keys to successful grant management - From Grantchat.org
- The Ultimate Guide to Financial Modeling Best Practices - Consider granularity vs flexibility
Working with volunteers
- Tips for recruiting, managing, and training volunteers - Know Your Non-profit
Do you have resources you'd like to share? Email us email@example.com to let us know.